Qatar Cargo moving its flights to LUX

Information and news concerning Liège Airport. You can post links to external websites, please always mention the source.
Limburgwiki
MST-Aviation Member

Qatar Cargo moving its flights to LUX

Postby Limburgwiki » 23 Aug 2016, 10:11

As from 28 september Qatar Cargo is moving almost all flights from LGG to LUX. LUX will be the new European Qatar Cargo hub!

Pascal
MST-Aviation Member

Re: Qatar Cargo moving its flights to LUX

Postby Pascal » 23 Aug 2016, 10:45

One of the most pressing challenges of the past few weeks has emerged from Qatar Airways Cargo’s decision to develop Luxembourg Airport as a European hub. This will entail the move of 7 of the 14 QR flights currently touching down at LGG to LUX. The silver lining in this cloud is in the fact that prior to that decision QR had already expressed its wish to expand its frequencies at LGG from the said 14 to 21, says Steven .”To do so, the bilateral air services agreement between Belgium and Qatar has to be expanded. So, as from September, we should be able to go back to 14.

:?: :roll:

Source : http://www.cargoforwarder.eu/2016/08/01 ... t-tnt-era/
For all pictures please visit my Flickr photostream : click here

Limburgwiki
MST-Aviation Member

Postby Limburgwiki » 23 Aug 2016, 11:37

Pascal wrote:
One of the most pressing challenges of the past few weeks has emerged from Qatar Airways Cargo’s decision to develop Luxembourg Airport as a European hub. This will entail the move of 7 of the 14 QR flights currently touching down at LGG to LUX. The silver lining in this cloud is in the fact that prior to that decision QR had already expressed its wish to expand its frequencies at LGG from the said 14 to 21, says Steven .”To do so, the bilateral air services agreement between Belgium and Qatar has to be expanded. So, as from September, we should be able to go back to 14.

:?: :roll:

Source : http://www.cargoforwarder.eu/2016/08/01 ... t-tnt-era/

Your source is stating from begin august, Qatar reported the move by its self this morning! ;)

btw;

Eventually, LUX may become a more serious threat to LGG than other neighbouring airports like Brussels and Maastricht. “All depends on to what extent Cargolux will be protected,” Steven thinks. “It may not be unlike the situation I see in Belgium, where there is always a direct reaction to subsidies granted elsewhere. The government only started moving in the ET Cargo issue, after the company had been lured to Maastricht. Now we see QR Cargo moving to LUX. Unfortunately we went through a change of federal Transport ministers. The message, however, is clear: if you want to promote air cargo, you have to open up the traffic rights. MAA grants 5Th freedom to all freighters.

Pascal
MST-Aviation Member

Postby Pascal » 23 Aug 2016, 11:47

Limburgwiki wrote:Your source is stating from begin august, Qatar reported the move by its self this morning! ;)

Where can I find your source ? Any weblink ? :roll:
For all pictures please visit my Flickr photostream : click here

Limburgwiki
MST-Aviation Member

Postby Limburgwiki » 23 Aug 2016, 12:01

Pascal wrote:
Limburgwiki wrote:Your source is stating from begin august, Qatar reported the move by its self this morning! ;)

Where can I find your source ? Any weblink ? :roll:

Brother, I can see you dont are familiar with the aviation business. Aviation business aren`t weblinks only! But you can read clearly in the article above LGG Airport selfs state the same news ''Now we see QR Cargo moving to LUX'' just my 2 cents.

Acid-drop
MST-Aviation Member

Postby Acid-drop » 23 Aug 2016, 16:21

As you said, the same news is getting old.
So what is your point ?
Many flights are landing in the night, they need LGG for that. Right ?

Btw:
12. Summer 16 Freighter Schedule - Effective 01st Sep 2016 to 29th Oct 2016 Issue 7.pdf

http://qrcargo.com/loadDocument?fileNam ... =Freighter

Return to “LGG Info & News”